Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Woody's wisdom


Okay, Woody Allen is 74 and cranks out movies quicker than I can write mindless blog posts.

If you haven't seen it, check out this Q&A with Woody in the New York Times.

As you would expect, it's vintage Allen and, of course, classic.

Obviously, he has a new movie coming out. Who doesn't?

This one is called "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger."

In order to carbon date myself, during my orientation week in my freshman year in college, they showed Allen's "Take the Money and Run" on a building wall. I laughed myself to sleep.

As you can tell, I'm a fan of his early, funny films.

But, I'm also a fan of much of his later work as well.

Though his best work may be behind him, it's still great to see that Woody can crank out the films, even if few are watching.









No comments:

Post a Comment